Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Trying to be patient
















So the coop is done! Well except for slapping some roofing on top but close enough that the chickens moved in! One step closer to moving out and into the camper!




So I cleaned out their old room which someday soon will become part of my "great room" the wall behind it will be my bedroom. Love seeing the light shining in the old garage doors that will someday be a sliding glass door , showing me the light that will shine into my little house...:)

Took a little break in the work I've started outside ( cleaner some trees and bushes out front to put up a dog fence) Enjoyed a day with my Granddaughters, we did some shopping, went out to lunch and went to see the new Ghost Busters movie , we all had a great time. I love spending time with them!









So I started painting the coop, my original idea was to use cedar shakes on the front of it as well as the front of my house, but now that I've seen it , there is no way. i LOVE this color! So I guess I"ll use the shakes on the roof and stain them black to match the metal roof that will eventually be on top of my little house. I slapped up some temporary fencing for the chickens to keep them out of the road.


















The next step was to get rid of the boulder that the previous owner and plunked down in front of the "greenhouse " door.  Luckily I have some friends who have a mighty big tractor! 
So the rock is gone!  I got a car load of cedar posts and a 100' roll of galvanized fencing today but now its snowing...So the fencing will have to wait, The days that it's not nice enough to work outside means laundry and house cleaning. Its kinda funny cleaning here right now because I have to do it with a sense of humor since the floors currently are just plywood...lol My builder is coming in Friday to discuss our plan ahead and then I'll get ahold of the guy with the big truck to pull my camper the mile up the road from Melissas, move what I can into the camper and cram the rest into the greenhouse...lol I really got rid of most of my furniture when I moved. Kept a couple pieces that are sentimental and knew I could fit into this space. I look forward to checking things off my lowes shopping list and taking a trip or two to Ikea in Montreal to furnish it once I'm ready! So progress is being made and I'm excited for that. Its almost May and hopefully by June I'll have the camper up for sale again. Cross my fingers! If you know of anyone that will want a 31' camper send them my way! 

 









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job on the coop! Love it! You are so busy! So happy you are happy!!! U know how to get things done that’s for sure!!!