Friday, February 16, 2024

settling in

 

Well I made it through Valentines Day, the photo here was taken of Anders and I at the traditional Captains Ball we went to several until he retired. It was a week of meetings for him, but the company would fill the wives and girlfriends week with activities, like classes in jewelry making, bartending classes, vineyard tours etc. We also had a blast bowling at night with drinks of course ha ha! This was the one year they had a professional photographer and I treasure this photo so very much. I'm so proud of his Career as I know he was too.


Anyhow I filled valentines day  reading mostly as it was a really cold day and not good for walking, I was thinking that I would be starting to clean up the front yard soon as the snow was melting like crazy but today that changed as we got close to 6" last night so clean up will have to wait.  I'm anxious though as I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head! 



I am really getting comfortable in my little space, today when I drove to the gym it was so beautiful driving on my road with the fresh snow , I had a great work out and enjoyed visiting with friends there. Driving home and seeing my little house I had to really remark out loud how happy I am. I love this little space and I look forward to really making it my own this summer.  Its a great feeling knowing its all mine and I can do whatever I want to it.  Selling our house has relieved me of mortgage payments, car payments, medical bills all of it.  I can just enjoy my life and work on my little house and .8 acre of property. Photo is me looking through one of the garage doors that will eventually be taken out and windows put in its place. The chickens are enjoying this spot and yes those are the windows to my bedroom in the back ! 

I've been enjoying going to my Granddaughters basketball games, and being available to help out when I'm needed.  I hung a bird feeder so right now I'm loving relaxing on my "couch" looking out the window and seeing the birds, eventually I'll get a couple that stick to the windows. 

I haven't done much else to the property other than moving all the firewood that was in the front over to the house or in the big pile out on the north side.  I'm pretty much limited until spring comes, I do have a guy coming next week that I'm going to have give me a quote on doing some of the work that I don't want to do myself, and I have a couple other people to call so I have options. 


So basically I'm doing good , I feel content, and happy. I'm keeping busy most days but enjoying the quiet of winter to find peace in reading and doing crossword puzzles , watching movies and walking when the weather cooperates!

Spring is getting closer but in the meantime I am happy in the the decision to downsize and move here..:)



No comments: