Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Spring coming and going going going

So the snow melted and I was able to get out and clean up more space in my "front yard" ( soon to be camper parking LOL) Course then we got a foot of snow, then it melted again, and right now as I type this another big storm on the way. I woke up to a pink sky and now its all grey. Should be snowing after lunch to never stop .... *ya ya I know its only April 3rd and we've had snow on Mothers Day up here before. 
The animals have truly adjusted to their new home, hoping the temporary move into an even smaller space isn't too stressing for all of us! 



The dogs don't seem to mind the continued snow, I still have a couple piles that haven't melted which will be higher soon.



Looking into the area where my chickens live currently, its nice to see sun shinning in where someday there will be a big sliding glass door and the sun will be shinning into my great room! 



Work has started! I'm so excited! This is the area that will eventually be my bedroom ! 



As much as I don't usually like sitting still, this tiny space I'm in has required that I do just that as I don't have room to do much else, I've been going to the gym more often though and have got out for a few great walks around the 4 mile loops.  I'm doing just what I really needed after the last two years of so much stress caring for Anders. Time to take deep breaths, to read! I started going to Yoga at the gym too , its wonderful! 
I just love this , totally am keeping the funky stained glass windows.
The cats enjoy watching the guy who is working on the house !
I try to take the dogs with my anytime I can , Montgomery just loves going for rides and whiskey gets too stressed when I leave him.  They are both 13 years old ! They don't mind hanging out in the car while I work out at the gym or run errands,  plus they know they'll get a treat.
When the sun starts setting my room glows! 

 There is a pretty good brook out front of my house across the road, waterfalls along it making the sound pretty loud when the snows been melting! Love it and look forward to many hours relaxing outside or windows opened listening to the wonderful sound!








I can't wait to see how cute my house will look when things are all done, There will be a couple windows going into that section that has been closed in and the sliding glass door in the next section , all new windows and insulation , I moved my plant pots out of the greenhouse and now it looks like spring is close ( for now ! ha!) 

Otherwise I'm doing well, I get by with a little help from my friends :) I'm currently preparing for a big snowstorm coming, gotta bring in firewood incase I loose power !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this update. Already see the makings of your very cute home with all the touches only you can do!!