Wednesday, December 6, 2023

One day at a time


So a week after Anders passed, a piece of property came up for sale on the same road my daughter and her family live on. It was interesting as it is on a road I've always loved and it had storage, a well, septic, electric and a rough apartment. Well I did make an offer on that land and we worked it out but during the house inspection we found a lot of issues, second to the fact that because it was vacant so long some one had decided to come along and broke in by ripping out an air conditioner left in a window, and they proceeded to rip out copper piping, the  heat was off so pipes burst and whalla no more apartment to live in. However it does still have all the other amenities so another deal was made and yes this is where I will be in the near future. Plenty of storage to keep all my belongings in the garage section since I have really downsized. It feels good to just keep whats important.  




There is also a handy spot for my little goats and chickens , I'll be lugging water from the Johnson spring until spring since I can't turn on the water there since the pipes were cut and I don't want to spend the money to heat it , however I may keep the wood stove burning in there maybe...as its only 350' in the apartment So you say, where will you live then? Whats your plan?



Here it is my future home! ( for now)

A 31' Nomad camper with bump out , sleeps six so plenty of room for me, my two dogs and three cats. I've joined two groups on facebook with people who live in these campers year round full time and learned a lot of things I can do to keep warm in the winter.  I look forward to the peace of winter, doing the chores of surviving , walking, reading , watching movies , snowshoeing and planning my future.


For now though, yesterday I spent cleaning out the drawers in the living room, listed a piece of furniture for sale ( someone coming to pick it up today!) I feel lucky that the people buying my house are going to keep some of the bigger pieces of furniture I have here, whew! Beds! My hand painted chairs, Tv yay! So here in the living room, just the couch, a table a few end tables and lamps and thats it for this room! Well a few boxes of stuff too can't wait til the house appraisal is done and I start putting everything in one room to figure out how big a van I need to move! 

Today I'm going to go through the stuff in the garage and run to the dump again....sounds like fun? Well its progress....Oh and the closing has been changed to the 15th and I begged the lawyer to figure out a way for both to happen on the same day he doesn't promise that will happen but the buyers have vowed to take care of the goats and chickens and let me park the u haul here until closing on the land ( my heart melts at ever kind gesture and it lets me know even further that I made the right choice on who would live here and take care of this property like we did) 

Today I'm going to replace a zipper in my Grand daughters coat, and clean out the drawers in the dining room, might make a trip to big lots to see if they have those good plastic storage boxes with lids that shut tight. Then a person comes at 2:00 to pick up that piece of furniture that even though I listed it this summer and no one wanted it, now because I listed it for almost nothing people are coming out of the woodwork wanting it and saying I didn't ask enough for it. Go figure. 




No comments: