Thursday, December 7, 2023

The wait begins

 

Christmas is weeks away but admit not feeling the joy of the Holiday season for reasons I'm sure you totally understand. However because of this venture I'm on I'm not engulfed in grief I'm looking towards the future.  I am so grateful that Anders and I were able to talk about all this in the last few months before he passed.  He was such a brave man, never complained and was never afraid. Not sure if he did this for my benefit or not but I'm thinking yes, he hated to see people sad. Regardless he prepared me for this future and I'm grateful.

I'm not putting many decorations out, just enough to make the place colorful. I treasure things I have that have been passed down or given to me from family for this season, gives me a connection somehow to them.  


This week I got my heaters for the Camper as I don't expect the onboard HVAC to do much in Vermont winters. I got a really neat electric infrared heater that evidently you can actually heat your house with if you put one in every room, it only pulls 4.2 amps so will help me not blow fuses in the camper something my online "surviving winter in an RV" has taught me! I also got a highly recommended propane heater that I'll only use in the daytime. Course once I'm actually living in it I'll get some foam insulation to skirt the bottom and the gooseneck and slide out. Insulate windows and the door. Yes I've research this venture!  Some think I'm crazy, but you know I'm excited about it. HONEST!  

BTW I didn't HAVE to sell my house I could of stayed here forever but it just feels so empty, its way to big for just me and my critters and way too much land for me to take care of when I really want to enjoy my life. The last seven years I've spent caring for my Husband and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Thru sickness and in health , when we say those vows no one really considers what it truly means, ask me I can tell you.  Anyhow, I look forward to going back to the gym, to walking, hiking, doing some fun runs, working on cleaning up my new property as oh my its has plenty to do but luckily less that an acre!


Here is where I'll be living for the winter :) How cool is this?











Now here is my future....:)  I can't wait to sit out under the covered porch and watch the rain.




Yesterday I said I was going to take a run to the dump and to Big Lots however I didn't. I ended up taking longer than I thought to clean out more stuff from drawers etc, and replacing the zipper on Izzys coat. It's cold out today 6F currently  but a clear blue sky, ( always sunny on really cold days since there are no clouds to cover us in a cozy cloud blanket in the winter) Anyhow I will run those errands today.  While I wait for the word on my house to be appraised for its future owners.  Once thats done that I will really start packing. :) 


No comments: