Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The passing of an important life.


 Once again I've decided to restart my blog on suggestion from my sister so she can keep track of my life as it is about to change big time well, actually its already changed big time but day by day from now on its leading me in a different direction.

     My husband Anders passed away a month ago today as I type this. Even typing this its hard to believe. I know he's not here but for anyone who has known me awhile knows that even though we were together for 22 years 1/2 that time he was on a ship so honestly it feels like he's just gone back to work.  Funny thing is? When he passed I think thats just what he did. If you believe in life after death as I do then you understand how I could feel his spirit just up and leave when he slipped away. He loved his job , something not many people can claim. He was proud of his position as a ship Captain, As I was so proud of him too. We all heard the stories of how big the ship was and so many of his adventures, He was a very well respected Captain though and did things with that ship that many can't even do in a car!  

     Regardless, he loved his Grandchildren and his golf Game oh yes and me too , he called me his Country Girl, our life was filled with laughter and love.  We loved to play games, backgammon, badminton and mini golf.  Often having year long competitions that would end on New Years Eve with the winner having bragging rights for the rest of the year.  Unfortunately each of those fun things ended as his health declined year after year after his diagnoses of mesothelioma 7 years ago. 

     Last fall we decided that life would be easier if we sold our home and got a small place with an acre of land, less for me to care for and closer to our family .  We thought we'd be taking that step together but once again, his heath took a sudden turn for the worse so during the last few months of his life we talked about my future and what it would look like , it made him feel better to know I would be okay. Even the last few days of his life he would crack jokes just to make me smile.  

    I got the house cleaned, painted, patched and friends helped me put down a new floor upstairs, my wonderful son in law helped me fix up the stairs going down to the 1/2 finished basement. The house was listed last Wednesday and yesterday I signed a contract with closing on the 19th of January. He will be coming with me by way of his Urn and his ashes that I will spread on my new property ( we discussed that too) 

    So I take the steps alone but I know he watches over me from time to time, I'll fill you in on my next steps soon.


Donna Mae

No comments: